Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2016-09-24 - Amphion's New 3LS Loudspeaker
- 2016-08-19 - Wharfedale Diamond 225 vs. SVS Prime Bookshelf
- 2016-11-01 - Hegel H360 vs. Devialet 120 or 200?
- 2016-06-18 - MQA-Compatible DACs for Everything?
- 2016-07-25 - Harbeth 30.1 vs. Dynaudio Confidence C1
- 2016-08-04 - A Problem with Focal Sopra No2s -- Or Maybe Not
- 2016-08-16 - Off the Deep End to the KEF Blade Two?
- 2016-09-10 - KEF Reference 201/2 -- Still Recommended?
- 2016-08-02 - Confidence C1 vs. Sopra No1 -- SAM vs. Room Correction
- 2016-08-26 - Is MQA Going to Go the Way of HDCD?
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 16 April 2017 16 April 2017
To Doug Schneider,
Great review of the KEF Reference 3. Would love to hear the 3 or 5 sometime. KEF is really pushing the limit and pumping out industry-leading designs. Would be fun to compare one of their new models against a pair of older KEF 104/2s!
I see the Devialet Gold Phantom in your equipment list. Hoping a review is in the queue. Would love to read your Gold review and comparison to a topnotch “conventional” speaker system.
I agree that it would be interesting to put an older KEF against one of the newer ones, though I have a sneaking suspicion that I already know how it would come out. With all that’s occurred at KEF and elsewhere since the 104/2 debuted, in 1984, it would likely be clobbered by most if not all the models in KEF’s Blade, Reference, and R-Series lines. Speaker designers have learned so much more since the 1980s, plus modern materials and manufacturing are so much better than back then. Then again, one would only know for sure by trying.
There is a Devialet Gold Phantom review in the works and your wish is going to come true, because it will be compared to more conventional speakers. In fact, one of the speaker models I plan to use for comparison is KEF’s Reference 3! . . . Doug Schneider