Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-04-15 - Here's What Happened to the Devialet Gold Phantom
- 2017-04-17 - MQA: Smoke and Mirrors?
- 2017-04-29 - Ayre's Laid-Back Sound
- 2017-04-23 - MQA: The Emperor's New Clothes?
- 2017-04-16 - KEF Praise, Devialet Question
- 2017-03-10 - New Amp for Focal Sopra No2s -- Or Maybe Not
- 2017-07-30 - PrimaLuna, Devialet, Hegel Music Systems, NAD -- Integrated Amp Shootout
- 2017-06-09 - He Says Ken Is Correct!
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 08 November 2017 08 November 2017
To Doug Schneider,
Recently read the GoldenEar Technology Triton Reference review and wanted to offer my thanks and appreciation for the mention of several recordings used in the write-up. Kudos in particular for: Reminding me how much I love Poetic Champions Compose. It’s been too long since I last listened and your comments got the record back on the turntable again. Wonderful music, well recorded, and good for the soul. Turning me on to Glen Hansard. I streamed Rhythm and Repose on Tidal and very much enjoyed it. Will be listening to more of his music and ordering a few records. The mention of Bruce Cockburn’s The Charity of Night. He’s another artist I’ve neglected lately, so I streamed your reference, then pulled Humans off the shelf and enjoyed both so much I ordered four more of his records. While I’m not in the market for a new pair of speakers, I’m always looking for new or renewed musical discoveries and your review provided excellent recommendations.
Thanks again and best regards,
P.S. If you haven’t heard Lizz Wright’s last release, Grace, you may want to give a listen . . . seems like something you might appreciate.
The equipment is important, but the music is what matters. I’m glad the review helped in that way, because I do often try to pick music that readers might find interesting.
I’m going to check out Lizz Wright immediately after I finish writing this response. As for Bruce Cockburn, I’ve been a fan of his since I was 15. As I mentioned in the review, Poetic Champions Compose is my favorite Van Morrison release. Likewise, Humans is my favorite Cockburn release, although its sound quality isn’t up to that of The Charity of Night. Insofar as Glen Hansard goes, everyone I recommend his music to ends up a fan, though I have yet to pick a favorite album of his. . . . Doug Schneider