Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-04-15 - Here's What Happened to the Devialet Gold Phantom
- 2017-04-17 - MQA: Smoke and Mirrors?
- 2017-04-29 - Ayre's Laid-Back Sound
- 2017-04-23 - MQA: The Emperor's New Clothes?
- 2017-04-16 - KEF Praise, Devialet Question
- 2017-03-10 - New Amp for Focal Sopra No2s -- Or Maybe Not
- 2017-06-09 - He Says Ken Is Correct!
- 2017-07-30 - PrimaLuna, Devialet, Hegel Music Systems, NAD -- Integrated Amp Shootout
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 15 January 2018 15 January 2018
To Garrett Hongo,
I just read your most excellent review of the [Hegel Music Systems Mohican CD player]. Can you advise if it should be powered up 24/7? I have always been advised that this is the way to go with digital products but wondered if you had any input.
Aloha Martin, thanks for your appreciation!
I’d heard that same thing about digital components back when I first got into audio. And I kept a player on 24/7 until I got a nasty sound from it some time down the line. I guessed it was a capacitor discharging and the retail seller I bought it from said my guess was good as any. There was no damage or other malfunction, but, after that, I just turned my players off when not in use. . . . Garrett Hongo