Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-04-15 - Here's What Happened to the Devialet Gold Phantom
- 2017-04-17 - MQA: Smoke and Mirrors?
- 2017-04-29 - Ayre's Laid-Back Sound
- 2017-04-23 - MQA: The Emperor's New Clothes?
- 2017-04-16 - KEF Praise, Devialet Question
- 2017-07-30 - PrimaLuna, Devialet, Hegel Music Systems, NAD -- Integrated Amp Shootout
- 2017-06-09 - He Says Ken Is Correct!
- 2018-01-04 - Legacy Signature SE Up Against the Magico A3
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 07 October 2010 07 October 2010
To Doug Schneider,
I read your article on the Mirage OMD-28 loudspeakers saying they were a great speaker at the price of $7500. How good a bargain are they for $2600 per pair that I see advertised online now?
Thank you for your article and opinion.
Providing the speakers are identical to the ones I reviewed (i.e., Mirage hasn’t substituted cheaper parts or compromised the design in any other way), $2600 is an absolute steal for them. The only thing I'd warn you of is that you need a pretty powerful amplifier to get them to perform at their best. . . . Doug Schneider