Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2017-04-15 - Here's What Happened to the Devialet Gold Phantom
- 2017-04-17 - MQA: Smoke and Mirrors?
- 2017-04-29 - Ayre's Laid-Back Sound
- 2017-04-23 - MQA: The Emperor's New Clothes?
- 2017-04-16 - KEF Praise, Devialet Question
- 2017-02-18 - Amp Choices for KEF Reference 1s
- 2017-03-10 - New Amp for Focal Sopra No2s -- Or Maybe Not
- 2017-06-09 - He Says Ken Is Correct!
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 05 February 2011 05 February 2011
To Doug Schneider,
I read with interest your article with the less-than-excellent reviews of the Avalon and the Venture speakers. My question is on the Avalon speakers: Were these the same speakers and system that was shown at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest in 2010? And, if possible, how did the system compare to the system at the show in Las Vegas?
I was able to hear and see the speakers in Denver, and would be interested in the comparison.
I wasn’t at the 2010 Rocky Mountain Audio Fest in Denver due to family commitments. Obviously, then, I couldn’t hear the Transcendent speakers if they were shown there. However, what I’m hoping is that these speakers will be showing again at one of the many shows we will be covering in 2011 and I’ll have a chance to hear them again. If so, I’ll probably write about it. In the meantime, if you’d like to privately e-mail your own assessment of what you heard at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest, I’d be interested to know. . . . Doug Schneider