Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2017-01-24 - Sonus Faber Olympica III vs. PSB Imagine T3
- 2017-04-15 - Here's What Happened to the Devialet Gold Phantom
- 2017-04-17 - MQA: Smoke and Mirrors?
- 2017-04-29 - Ayre's Laid-Back Sound
- 2017-04-23 - MQA: The Emperor's New Clothes?
- 2017-04-16 - KEF Praise, Devialet Question
- 2017-02-18 - Amp Choices for KEF Reference 1s
- 2017-03-10 - New Amp for Focal Sopra No2s -- Or Maybe Not
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 14 February 2011 14 February 2011
To Doug Schneider,
Like you, I really like the Revel Ultima Salon2 speakers. I liked them so much that I purchased a pair last year. I'm now in the process of upgrading the preamplifier and the amplifier. Considering McIntosh and ARC as possibilities. What electronics are you using to drive these beauties?
The Salon2s seem to work best with very high-powered amps. The amps I currently have with them are the Bryston 4BSST2 stereo amplifier (300Wpc into 8 ohms) and the Simaudio 400M mono amplifiers (400W into 8 ohms). I have a number of preamplifiers in-house right now, but my favorite is the JE Audio VL10.1, an all-tube unit that really sounds special. Look for a review of it in the next couple of months. . . . Doug Schneider