Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2017-01-15 - Luxman L-550AX -- the Little Amp that Probably Can
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2017-01-24 - Sonus Faber Olympica III vs. PSB Imagine T3
- 2017-04-15 - Here's What Happened to the Devialet Gold Phantom
- 2016-12-03 - New Bryston DAC vs. Old
- 2017-04-17 - MQA: Smoke and Mirrors?
- 2017-04-29 - Ayre's Laid-Back Sound
- 2017-04-23 - MQA: The Emperor's New Clothes?
- 2017-04-16 - KEF Praise, Devialet Question
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 07 March 2011 07 March 2011
To Doug Schneider,
Just wondering which you would choose between the Simaudio Moon i5.3 and Classé Audio CAP-2100 integrated amplifiers. The Simaudio Moon i5.3 is no longer in production, but is one of my favorites. The CAP-2100 is one I would also like to have. Which is your favorite?
Thanks for your time reading this and responding.
These are excellent integrated amplifiers, so it’s not surprising that you like them so much. Which one would I choose? The answer is not as simple as just picking one over the other. The decision has mostly to do with what speakers I’d be using these amplifiers with, as well what the other pieces of equipment in the system are. Moral of the story: amplifiers don’t work in isolation, always consider the other components in the system, particularly the speakers. . . . Doug Schneider