Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2017-01-15 - Luxman L-550AX -- the Little Amp that Probably Can
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2017-01-24 - Sonus Faber Olympica III vs. PSB Imagine T3
- 2017-04-15 - Here's What Happened to the Devialet Gold Phantom
- 2016-12-03 - New Bryston DAC vs. Old
- 2017-04-17 - MQA: Smoke and Mirrors?
- 2017-04-29 - Ayre's Laid-Back Sound
- 2017-04-23 - MQA: The Emperor's New Clothes?
- 2017-04-16 - KEF Praise, Devialet Question
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 01 May 2011 01 May 2011
To Doug Schneider,
Thanks for you informative review of [the JE Audio VL10.1 preamp]! I have been searching for a preamp for my Atma-Sphere M-60 amp. Your description of the sound of this preamp is very similar to what people have described about the Atma-Sphere preamps (MP-1 and MP-3). The price is similar to the MP-3. Have you heard the MP-3? I was wondering how it compares to the VL10.1.
I’ve heard good things about Atma-Sphere’s preamps, but, unfortunately, I haven’t heard them in my own system, so I can’t tell you how they compare. The only thing I can say is, if the MP-3 sounds like the VL10.1 it’s got to be very, very good. . . . Doug Schneider