Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2017-01-15 - Luxman L-550AX -- the Little Amp that Probably Can
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2017-01-24 - Sonus Faber Olympica III vs. PSB Imagine T3
- 2017-04-15 - Here's What Happened to the Devialet Gold Phantom
- 2016-12-03 - New Bryston DAC vs. Old
- 2017-04-17 - MQA: Smoke and Mirrors?
- 2017-04-29 - Ayre's Laid-Back Sound
- 2017-04-23 - MQA: The Emperor's New Clothes?
- 2017-04-16 - KEF Praise, Devialet Question
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 15 August 2011 15 August 2011
To Jeff Stockton,
I hope this e-mail finds you. I am responding to the review you did on the B&W CM5s. It was very refreshing to find an article on this particular speaker that didn’t involve very high-end wiring, amplification, and so on. I have an old Yamaha RX-V850 from the mid ‘90s that powered a pair of Polk RTA15s quite well. I had to part with the speakers and use an old set of Bose 301s, but am now in the market to put together a decent "class B" stereo. I’m pretty sure I can use the Yamaha for a while, as it is nothing like the newer ones rated at the same power. It’s a real beast at only 80Wpc. Keep up the good reviews.