Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2017-04-15 - Here's What Happened to the Devialet Gold Phantom
- 2017-04-17 - MQA: Smoke and Mirrors?
- 2017-04-29 - Ayre's Laid-Back Sound
- 2017-04-23 - MQA: The Emperor's New Clothes?
- 2017-04-16 - KEF Praise, Devialet Question
- 2017-03-10 - New Amp for Focal Sopra No2s -- Or Maybe Not
- 2017-06-09 - He Says Ken Is Correct!
- 2017-07-30 - PrimaLuna, Devialet, Hegel Music Systems, NAD -- Integrated Amp Shootout
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 24 January 2012 24 January 2012
To Vade Forrester,
I congratulate you on your reviews of audio equipment!
Allow me to ask you a question about the Audio Research LS26 and the Bel Canto e.One PRe3: I possess a Pass Labs XA30.5 amp and would like to know which preamp you would recommend. Thank you for your answer.
I haven't heard the Bel Canto e.One PRe3, so I can't offer a comparison. I'd also need to know what type of music you prefer, how large your room is, what sources you listen to, what speakers you use, what cables you use, etc. A look at the specifications of the PRe3 shows that its input impedance is 10k ohms through its single-ended inputs. That impedance may be on the low side for use with tubed sources, if that matters to you. But I can tell you that I was impressed enough with the Audio Research LS26 to buy it, and would expect it to be a good match for the Pass Labs XA30.5. I hope that helps. . . . Vade Forrester