Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2015-06-03 - Luxman L-550AX to L-590AX
- 2015-05-09 - Luxman, Hegel, Other Options?
- 2015-05-13 - Luxman L-550AX's Phono Stage?
- 2015-12-16 - The Hegel HD30 After 14 Days
- 2015-07-21 - Focal Electra 1008 Be vs. KEF Reference 1
- 2015-05-28 - Reference 1: JE Audio's Flagship Preamplifier
- 2015-09-14 - The Skinny on Focal's Sopra No2
- 2015-08-01 - Is the Simaudio Moon Evolution 740P Worthy of Reviewers' Choice?
- 2016-01-01 - USB Tweaks
- 2015-11-04 - The PSB T3 Review
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 07 March 2013 07 March 2013
To Doug Schneider,
How [does the Music Culture RL21] compare to the Amphion Argon3?
It’s impossible for me to say how the RL21 would compare to the Argon3 unless I had them side by side, which I didn’t when I was reviewing the RL21, and still don’t now. Philip Beaudette reviewed the Argon3 for us way back when, but he didn’t get a chance to hear the RL21, so that doesn't help. But there is certainly a similarity between the RL21 and Argon3 in that both models appear to be topflight two-way, bookshelf-type designs that carry reasonable price tags. In other words, cost-no-object-type sound that many can afford. So, if you’re shopping for new speakers, I suggest considering both, and if you get a chance to hear them side by side, write us back and tell us what you heard. . . . Doug Schneider