Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2014-12-02 - Revel or JL Audio Subwoofer?
- 2015-02-01 - Luxman 700u-Series Differences -- More than Price?
- 2014-12-23 - Amazing Devialet Phantom Report
- 2015-06-03 - Luxman L-550AX to L-590AX
- 2015-01-18 - Floorstanding Speakers from $4000 to $6000
- 2015-04-23 - GoldenEar Technology Triton One vs. Revel Performa3 F208
- 2015-05-09 - Luxman, Hegel, Other Options?
- 2015-01-12 - 1, 3, 5 -- Better Bass from KEF's Bigger Speakers
- 2015-01-11 - Praise for Adam Cohen -- Plus Other Recommendations
- 2015-03-26 - GoldenEar Triton One Timing
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 07 March 2013 07 March 2013
To Doug Schneider,
How [does the Music Culture RL21] compare to the Amphion Argon3?
It’s impossible for me to say how the RL21 would compare to the Argon3 unless I had them side by side, which I didn’t when I was reviewing the RL21, and still don’t now. Philip Beaudette reviewed the Argon3 for us way back when, but he didn’t get a chance to hear the RL21, so that doesn't help. But there is certainly a similarity between the RL21 and Argon3 in that both models appear to be topflight two-way, bookshelf-type designs that carry reasonable price tags. In other words, cost-no-object-type sound that many can afford. So, if you’re shopping for new speakers, I suggest considering both, and if you get a chance to hear them side by side, write us back and tell us what you heard. . . . Doug Schneider