Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2014-04-03 - DefTech's ST-L vs. GoldenEar's Triton One
- 2014-01-02 - KEF R500s or LS50s Plus Sub?
- 2013-10-29 - Sonus Faber's Olympica III vs. Venere 3.0
- 2013-09-19 - NAD M51 DAC with Emotiva XPR-2 Power Amp
- 2013-09-02 - Polymer Audio Research and Gryphon Audio Designs
- 2013-10-20 - Connecting an NAD M51 to an Oppo BDP-105
- 2013-09-18 - Focusing On the Affordable
- 2014-02-18 - Status Update: Ayre VX-5 Review
- 2013-11-04 - Why No TAVES?
- 2014-05-11 - Cambridge Audio's Giant Killers
- Category: Reader Feedback
- Created on Thursday, 07 March 2013 08:15
To Doug Schneider,
How [does the Music Culture RL21] compare to the Amphion Argon3?
It’s impossible for me to say how the RL21 would compare to the Argon3 unless I had them side by side, which I didn’t when I was reviewing the RL21, and still don’t now. Philip Beaudette reviewed the Argon3 for us way back when, but he didn’t get a chance to hear the RL21, so that doesn't help. But there is certainly a similarity between the RL21 and Argon3 in that both models appear to be topflight two-way, bookshelf-type designs that carry reasonable price tags. In other words, cost-no-object-type sound that many can afford. So, if you’re shopping for new speakers, I suggest considering both, and if you get a chance to hear them side by side, write us back and tell us what you heard. . . . Doug Schneider