Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2013-05-26 - Wilson Audio Alexia vs. Vivid Audio Giya G1 or G2
- 2013-08-02 - The Era/Peachtree Audio D4 Dilemma
- 2013-07-03 - LS50 vs. R Series, Uni-Q vs. Uni-Q
- 2013-03-16 - Setting Up KEF R500s
- 2013-05-28 - DACs: dCS, Esoteric, or . . . ?
- 2013-04-07 - Blade Upgrade: Highs and Lows
- 2013-07-05 - KEF's Coorg Clarifies the Uni-Q
- 2013-04-25 - Revel F208 in the Works?
- 2013-04-18 - The B&W "Upgrade" Downgrade
- 2013-03-20 - Simaudio Moon or Audio Research?
- Category: Reader Feedback
- Created on Thursday, 07 March 2013 08:15
To Doug Schneider,
How [does the Music Culture RL21] compare to the Amphion Argon3?
It’s impossible for me to say how the RL21 would compare to the Argon3 unless I had them side by side, which I didn’t when I was reviewing the RL21, and still don’t now. Philip Beaudette reviewed the Argon3 for us way back when, but he didn’t get a chance to hear the RL21, so that doesn't help. But there is certainly a similarity between the RL21 and Argon3 in that both models appear to be topflight two-way, bookshelf-type designs that carry reasonable price tags. In other words, cost-no-object-type sound that many can afford. So, if you’re shopping for new speakers, I suggest considering both, and if you get a chance to hear them side by side, write us back and tell us what you heard. . . . Doug Schneider