Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2014-04-03 - DefTech's ST-L vs. GoldenEar's Triton One
- 2014-03-23 - PSB or Paradigm or Sonus Faber or GoldenEar?
- 2014-08-02 - Bowers & Wilkins Disappointment
- 2014-08-01 - Are You Recommending CD Players Anymore?
- 2014-05-31 - Cambridge Audio's New Aeromax Speakers
- 2014-07-14 - Integrated Amplifiers: Audio Research, Unison Research, or Other?
- 2014-05-11 - Cambridge Audio's Giant Killers
- 2014-09-11 - Monitor Audio Silver 10 vs. Revel Performa3 F206
- 2014-04-11 - That Overdue Ayre VX-5 Review
- 2014-07-02 - KEF LS50 vs. Cambridge Audio Aero 2
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 07 March 2013 07 March 2013
To Doug Schneider,
How [does the Music Culture RL21] compare to the Amphion Argon3?
It’s impossible for me to say how the RL21 would compare to the Argon3 unless I had them side by side, which I didn’t when I was reviewing the RL21, and still don’t now. Philip Beaudette reviewed the Argon3 for us way back when, but he didn’t get a chance to hear the RL21, so that doesn't help. But there is certainly a similarity between the RL21 and Argon3 in that both models appear to be topflight two-way, bookshelf-type designs that carry reasonable price tags. In other words, cost-no-object-type sound that many can afford. So, if you’re shopping for new speakers, I suggest considering both, and if you get a chance to hear them side by side, write us back and tell us what you heard. . . . Doug Schneider