Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2017-04-15 - Here's What Happened to the Devialet Gold Phantom
- 2017-04-17 - MQA: Smoke and Mirrors?
- 2017-04-29 - Ayre's Laid-Back Sound
- 2017-04-23 - MQA: The Emperor's New Clothes?
- 2017-04-16 - KEF Praise, Devialet Question
- 2017-02-18 - Amp Choices for KEF Reference 1s
- 2017-03-10 - New Amp for Focal Sopra No2s -- Or Maybe Not
- 2017-06-09 - He Says Ken Is Correct!
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 08 March 2013 08 March 2013
To Doug Schneider,
I recently bought an Eximus DP1 preamplifier and an Eximus S1 amplifier. I will be very grateful for your advice on speakers. Unfortunately, in my hometown it is impossible to test any of the equipment mentioned. I would appreciate it if you could suggest some good speakers suitable for the DP1 and S1, which I plan to use in a 22-square-meter room. Thank you for your help.
The Eximus DP1 and S1 are good pieces -- I have reviewed both. Insofar as speaker matching goes, that has mainly to do with the amplifier and the power it can deliver. We measured the S1 and found that it could deliver more than 130Wpc into 8 ohms and more than 210Wpc into 4 ohms (both with under 1% THD), so it’s quite powerful and should be compatible with most speakers out there, which means that you have a lot to choose from. Since your e-mail address indicates you’re in Russia, I’m inclined to recommend speaker companies I like from countries that are fairly close to you, versus those that are located in North America or elsewhere. So here goes: Amphion (Finland), Music Culture (Germany), KEF (England), PMC (England), Focal (France), and AudioSolutions (Lithuania). Over the last couple of years, we’ve reviewed at least one model from each company and in each instance found them to offer high performance for a reasonable price. I recommend you read those reviews, since I’m sure that at least one of those speakers you’ll like. . . . Doug Schneider