Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2017-01-24 - Sonus Faber Olympica III vs. PSB Imagine T3
- 2017-04-15 - Here's What Happened to the Devialet Gold Phantom
- 2017-04-17 - MQA: Smoke and Mirrors?
- 2017-04-29 - Ayre's Laid-Back Sound
- 2017-04-23 - MQA: The Emperor's New Clothes?
- 2017-04-16 - KEF Praise, Devialet Question
- 2017-02-18 - Amp Choices for KEF Reference 1s
- 2017-03-10 - New Amp for Focal Sopra No2s -- Or Maybe Not
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 11 January 2015 11 January 2015
To Doug Schneider,
I was so glad to see that someone else thinks as much of this album as I do [Adam Cohen’s We Go Home]. Do you have a list of some other favorites of yours?
No other album released in 2014 resonated with me quite like We Go Home, but I also liked Leonard Cohen’s Popular Problems, Yusuf’s Tell ’Em I’m Gone, and Jack White’s Lazaretto. While away on holidays in the summer, I also discovered the Bossa n’ Stones releases, which date back to 2006. As far as I can tell, there were two discs released that year, but in 2012 both were combined into the two-disc Bossa n’ Stones: 50th Anniversary Edition, which is what I recommend getting, since it has everything the others have and can be found fairly easily. I actually bought them all. But regardless of what you buy, you'll hear easy-going, electronic-based, bossa nova-flavored Rolling Stones covers performed by various artists that you've probably never heard of (I hadn't). The South American label that created the series also released discs featuring other artists (Guns N’ Roses and Madonna, for example), but I like the Stones ones the best, probably because I'm a huge Stones fan. Some might find the overall tone a little too elevator-music-like, particularly because of the wispy female vocals throughout, but the sound captivated me from the first audition and I listened to them almost as much last year as We Go Home. . . . Doug Schneider