Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2017-01-24 - Sonus Faber Olympica III vs. PSB Imagine T3
- 2017-04-15 - Here's What Happened to the Devialet Gold Phantom
- 2017-04-17 - MQA: Smoke and Mirrors?
- 2017-04-29 - Ayre's Laid-Back Sound
- 2017-04-23 - MQA: The Emperor's New Clothes?
- 2017-04-16 - KEF Praise, Devialet Question
- 2017-02-18 - Amp Choices for KEF Reference 1s
- 2017-03-10 - New Amp for Focal Sopra No2s -- Or Maybe Not
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 28 May 2015 28 May 2015
To Doug Schneider,
I have been enjoying your writing and, based on your review, I bought the VL10.1 preamplifier and VS70.1 amplifier from JE Audio. I am pleased with the sound, and am using them in a biamp setup (another pair of amplifiers are the NuPrime Ref 20s).
But since you also received the Reference 1, I am interested in how you find the flagship of JE Audio compared to the VL10.1. Many thanks.
I am not surprised that you like your JE Audio gear -- the company makes great stuff. Just to be clear, though, I didn’t write the VS70.1 amplifier review, Vade Forrester did. Mind you, I did write the VL10.1 preamplifier review and I’m working on the Reference 1 preamplifier review right now -- literally. I actually stopped typing it to answer this. I hope for it to be published in a month or two, but if you want a bit of a sneak peek, read my review of the Crystal Cable Arabesque Minissimo speakers on June 1-- I used the VM60 monos and the Reference 1 preamp for part of the evaluation and the combination was fantastic. . . . Doug Schneider