Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2016-09-24 - Amphion's New 3LS Loudspeaker
- 2016-11-01 - Hegel H360 vs. Devialet 120 or 200?
- 2016-10-27 - Vivid Giya G3 vs. Vivid B1 Decade vs. KEF Blade Two
- 2017-01-15 - Luxman L-550AX -- the Little Amp that Probably Can
- 2016-10-26 - B&O BeoLab 90 Video and Review
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2017-01-24 - Sonus Faber Olympica III vs. PSB Imagine T3
- 2017-04-15 - Here's What Happened to the Devialet Gold Phantom
- 2016-11-02 - Bryston Mini A and Mini T
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 01 November 2015 01 November 2015
To Doug Schneider,
I read your article on speakers under $10,000. I am looking to spend more. Will you be writing an article on speakers more than $10,000? I was hoping you were going to write about that this month.
Sorry for disappointing you. I had not planned to write an article about speakers that cost more than $10,000 per pair, but I’ll tell you here what I’d look at if price were no object.
Without a doubt, I’d consider Focal’s Sopra No2, which I already mentioned in that article. The No2 is “only” $13,999 per pair, so you could obviously spend way more, but I loved the way the pair sounded when they were here. I would also look at KEF’s Blade and Blade Two, which cost about $32,000 and $25,000 per pair, respectively. They are really, really cool speakers, and technically, they are at the cutting edge. I’d also look at Vivid Audio’s B1 Decade, Giya G3, and Giya G2, which are about $30,000, $40,000, and $50,000 per pair. I think the folks at Vivid are making some of the very best passive speakers on the market right now. . . . Doug Schneider