Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2017-01-24 - Sonus Faber Olympica III vs. PSB Imagine T3
- 2017-04-15 - Here's What Happened to the Devialet Gold Phantom
- 2017-04-17 - MQA: Smoke and Mirrors?
- 2017-04-29 - Ayre's Laid-Back Sound
- 2017-04-23 - MQA: The Emperor's New Clothes?
- 2017-04-16 - KEF Praise, Devialet Question
- 2017-02-18 - Amp Choices for KEF Reference 1s
- 2017-03-10 - New Amp for Focal Sopra No2s -- Or Maybe Not
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 17 June 2016 17 June 2016
To Garrett Hongo,
I suddenly find myself looking at DACs under $5000 (with a volume control). My search brought me to your (well written) review of the T+A DAC 8. Could you give me a short list of current DACs you like under $5k? Thanks in advance.
Nice to hear from you across the years. And thanks for your question and kind words about my review of the T+A DAC 8 ($3250). Other than the DAC 8, my list of current DACs with volume control under $5000 is fairly short: the Auralic Vega ($3500 and my reference), the Resonessence Labs Invicta Mirus ($4995), and the Hegel HD30 ($4800) -- the latter two reviewed on SoundStage! Hi-Fi as well. My favorite moderately priced DAC is the Luxman DA-06 ($4990), but it has no volume control and therefore can’t directly drive a power amp. . . . Garrett Hongo