Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2017-01-15 - Luxman L-550AX -- the Little Amp that Probably Can
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2017-01-24 - Sonus Faber Olympica III vs. PSB Imagine T3
- 2017-04-15 - Here's What Happened to the Devialet Gold Phantom
- 2016-12-03 - New Bryston DAC vs. Old
- 2017-04-17 - MQA: Smoke and Mirrors?
- 2017-04-29 - Ayre's Laid-Back Sound
- 2017-04-23 - MQA: The Emperor's New Clothes?
- 2017-04-16 - KEF Praise, Devialet Question
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 25 July 2016 25 July 2016
To Doug Schneider,
I hope this e-mail finds you well. I hope in the ensuing years that you have had a chance to listen to the Harbeth M30.1. I have a 12’ by 20’ room and will listen from about 8’ or 9’ away. I am planning on getting the Luxman D-05u CD player and L-507uX integrated amplifier. The speakers can go 2’ from the front wall, max. I listen to acoustic jazz, rock, Brazilian, vocals, classics like Sinatra, and R&B.
What do you think of the M30.1 vs the Dynaudio Confidence C1?
I reviewed the Harbeth M30 and Dynaudio Confidence C1, but I have not reviewed the M30.1 and have not heard it at length, although I have seen a pair and talked to Harbeth’s owner and chief designer, Alan Shaw, when he was finalizing the crossover for it. Even though I’m a little familiar with the 30.1, I cannot tell you about its sound or how it would compare to the Confidence C1.
What I wish to say is that although I didn’t like the way the Confidence C1 looked when I reviewed it (and still don’t like its looks today), I absolutely loved the way that speaker sounded -- extremely natural and unfatiguing, yet still wickedly detailed and transparent. The C1 is one of the best-sounding two-ways I’ve ever heard; therefore, if you’re out shopping, don’t overlook it, even though it’s now several years old. Dynaudio’s Confidence C1 is really special and not talked about as much as it probably should be. . . . Doug Schneider