Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2018-03-07 - Did the Buchardt S400s Show?
- 2018-11-03 - The Best $2500-Per-Pair Stand-Mounted Speaker
- 2018-04-26 - Integrated for Dynaudio Contour 30 Speakers
- 2018-03-04 - The High-Priced Deception?
- 2018-10-24 - CDs Instead of Streaming
- 2018-04-15 - Tannoys Tonally Off
- 2018-03-13 - From KEF LS50s to R500s
- 2018-02-26 - Bryston Is Second to None!
- 2018-04-02 - Richard Gray's and Other Power Products
- 2018-09-03 - Blue Jean Cable or Anticables Instead
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 15 January 2018 15 January 2018
To Garrett Hongo,
I just read your most excellent review of the [Hegel Music Systems Mohican CD player]. Can you advise if it should be powered up 24/7? I have always been advised that this is the way to go with digital products but wondered if you had any input.
Aloha Martin, thanks for your appreciation!
I’d heard that same thing about digital components back when I first got into audio. And I kept a player on 24/7 until I got a nasty sound from it some time down the line. I guessed it was a capacitor discharging and the retail seller I bought it from said my guess was good as any. There was no damage or other malfunction, but, after that, I just turned my players off when not in use. . . . Garrett Hongo