Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2018-01-04 - Legacy Signature SE Up Against the Magico A3
- 2017-07-30 - PrimaLuna, Devialet, Hegel Music Systems, NAD -- Integrated Amp Shootout
- 2018-01-01 - Naim and Magico
- 2017-08-28 - Revel Performa3 F206 vs. KEF R500
- 2017-08-10 - To Change for the Better
- 2017-09-01 - Buying the Best -- "Hard Knocks" Learning
- 2017-10-02 - "The MQA Balloon"
- 2017-10-07 - Some Impressive MQA Testing
- 2017-10-01 - What If MQA Succeeds?
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 07 October 2010 07 October 2010
To Doug Schneider,
I read your article on the Mirage OMD-28 loudspeakers saying they were a great speaker at the price of $7500. How good a bargain are they for $2600 per pair that I see advertised online now?
Thank you for your article and opinion.
Providing the speakers are identical to the ones I reviewed (i.e., Mirage hasn’t substituted cheaper parts or compromised the design in any other way), $2600 is an absolute steal for them. The only thing I'd warn you of is that you need a pretty powerful amplifier to get them to perform at their best. . . . Doug Schneider