Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 02 October 2018 02 October 2018
I really enjoyed reading your column today. Fun!
I’m kind of curious:
- Would Blu Tack solve the footer expense and “deliver audible results”? (I’m not familiar with Blu Tack.)
- Would the new NAD C 316BEE V2 have enough power to properly drive the Paradigms?
- If you don’t mind me asking, what other speakers do you plan to audition for this affordable system?
I look forward to following your hi-fi journey.
I’m glad to hear you’re enjoying the journey! I’ll answer your questions in order.
I often use Blu Tack or something similar to secure speakers to stands, which it does very well. This case, though, was different -- I needed to really get rid of the vibrations, which Blu Tack doesn’t do nearly as well as the IsoAcoustics footers. About the C 316BEE V2: I happen to have one here and plan to try it out in the system before it goes back to NAD. It does not have a built-in DAC like the D 3020 V2 does, but it does have a phono stage and, at 40Wpc into 8 ohms, a little more power to give to the speakers. I’m as curious as you are as to what the result might be. Insofar as speakers go, scheduled to replace the Paradigm Monitor SE Atoms are pairs of Paradigm Premier 100Bs and Bowers & Wilkins 606es. Neither pair has arrived yet, but I suspect they should be here this month. . . . Doug Schneider