Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2018-03-07 - Did the Buchardt S400s Show?
- 2018-11-03 - The Best $2500-Per-Pair Stand-Mounted Speaker
- 2018-04-26 - Integrated for Dynaudio Contour 30 Speakers
- 2018-03-04 - The High-Priced Deception?
- 2018-10-24 - CDs Instead of Streaming
- 2018-04-15 - Tannoys Tonally Off
- 2018-03-13 - From KEF LS50s to R500s
- 2018-02-26 - Bryston Is Second to None!
- 2018-04-02 - Richard Gray's and Other Power Products
- 2018-09-03 - Blue Jean Cable or Anticables Instead
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 16 January 2011 16 January 2011
To S. Andrea Sundaram,
Is the Audio Research VSi60’s power enough for Wilson Audio’s Sophia Series 3 speaker?
Thank you for your time.
The Audio Research VSi60 is rated at 50Wpc, and I have no reason to doubt that rating. Fifty watts will drive most speakers in a mid-sized room to very satisfying levels.
The Wilson Audio Sophia Series 3 is rated at 87dB for a 1W input. Its impedance is rated at 4 ohms, but since the VSi60 has 4-ohm taps on its output transformers, you shouldn't have any trouble. . . . S. Andrea Sundaram