Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2018-01-04 - Legacy Signature SE Up Against the Magico A3
- 2017-07-30 - PrimaLuna, Devialet, Hegel Music Systems, NAD -- Integrated Amp Shootout
- 2018-01-01 - Naim and Magico
- 2017-06-09 - He Says Ken Is Correct!
- 2017-08-28 - Revel Performa3 F206 vs. KEF R500
- 2017-05-30 - Meitner Upgrade Worth It?
- 2017-08-10 - To Change for the Better
- 2017-09-01 - Buying the Best -- "Hard Knocks" Learning
- 2017-10-02 - "The MQA Balloon"
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 17 June 2011 17 June 2011
To Randall Smith,
That was a really interesting review of the Boulder 865 integrated amp. I wonder if you've ever heard the Balanced Audio Technology integrated with the 6H30 tubes. It's better than the separates I used to own, but I don't know how it would stand up to more recent integrateds like Simaudio or Boulder. I would be interested in your comments, and I do recommend hearing the BAT if you haven't done so.
All the best,
I'm glad you enjoyed the Boulder 865 review. Unfortunately, I have not heard the BAT integrated. The 865 has a very precise and detailed sound that is neutral without being dry and analytical. It doesn't have the warmth of a tube amp, so it may not be your cup of tea. However, if you have the chance, please take the opportunity to listen to this special integrated. I loved having it in my system and hated to see it go. Let me know if you ever do hear it! . . . Randall Smith