Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-04-29 - Ayre's Laid-Back Sound
- 2017-07-30 - PrimaLuna, Devialet, Hegel Music Systems, NAD -- Integrated Amp Shootout
- 2018-01-04 - Legacy Signature SE Up Against the Magico A3
- 2017-06-09 - He Says Ken Is Correct!
- 2017-05-10 - Accolades for Active Speakers
- 2018-01-01 - Naim and Magico
- 2017-08-28 - Revel Performa3 F206 vs. KEF R500
- 2017-05-30 - Meitner Upgrade Worth It?
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 06 July 2012 06 July 2012
To Doug Schneider,
I read your response in the SoundStage! Hi-Fi "Letters" section. In the interim, before you responded to my letter, I did have a chance to audition some Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 speakers and you were right. They were accurate, but not all that interesting and a bit dull and lifeless and no bass whatsoever. Didn't interest me at all.
Also heard some Audio Notes as well and you were right again. I have no idea how people could call that an exciting, interesting, musical speaker. It was completely average at best.
I will make a point of broadening my speaker horizons. You guys have been very accurate so far with your interpretation of the gear you review and describing what it sounds like.
I'm glad we're able to help and open those horizons. If you want to hear an "exciting, interesting, musical speaker," seek out Vivid Audio -- I think they're making some of the best speakers on the market right now. If those are too pricey or you can't find them, look for KEF's new R Series speakers, which are quite something. My review of the R500 will be online August 1. . . . Doug Schneider