Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-04-29 - Ayre's Laid-Back Sound
- 2017-04-23 - MQA: The Emperor's New Clothes?
- 2017-07-30 - PrimaLuna, Devialet, Hegel Music Systems, NAD -- Integrated Amp Shootout
- 2018-01-04 - Legacy Signature SE Up Against the Magico A3
- 2017-06-09 - He Says Ken Is Correct!
- 2017-05-10 - Accolades for Active Speakers
- 2018-01-01 - Naim and Magico
- 2017-08-28 - Revel Performa3 F206 vs. KEF R500
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 04 January 2013 04 January 2013
To Doug Schneider,
I am an avid reader of SoundStage! Hi-Fi. Your thoughts on a couple of speakers would be appreciated. For some years now I have been a fan of Klipsch speakers; previously, B&W was my preferred choice until one fateful day when I listened to some RF-82 IIs. They sounded clean, transparent, and robust. I felt immersed in the music. It is time for an upgrade and I am thinking of buying Klipsch RF-7 IIs or KEF R500s. I read your glowing review of the latter. How do think they would compare to the Klipsch speakers? The RF-7 IIs are quite large. I am getting quite a deal on the RF-7 IIs at $2600/pair, including tax, and $1949/pair for the R500s, excluding tax.
I’d like to tell you something about Klipsch’s speakers, but I can’t -- the company has never sent us a pair to review. KEF, on the other hand, has sent us quite a few speakers, including, obviously, the R500, which I personally reviewed. As a result, I can confidently state that the R500 is outstanding and one of the best loudspeaker values around. I don't think you could go wrong buying the R500s, particularly for that price. . . . Doug Schneider