Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-04-29 - Ayre's Laid-Back Sound
- 2018-01-04 - Legacy Signature SE Up Against the Magico A3
- 2017-07-30 - PrimaLuna, Devialet, Hegel Music Systems, NAD -- Integrated Amp Shootout
- 2017-06-09 - He Says Ken Is Correct!
- 2017-05-10 - Accolades for Active Speakers
- 2018-01-01 - Naim and Magico
- 2017-08-28 - Revel Performa3 F206 vs. KEF R500
- 2017-05-30 - Meitner Upgrade Worth It?
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 07 March 2013 07 March 2013
To Doug Schneider,
How [does the Music Culture RL21] compare to the Amphion Argon3?
It’s impossible for me to say how the RL21 would compare to the Argon3 unless I had them side by side, which I didn’t when I was reviewing the RL21, and still don’t now. Philip Beaudette reviewed the Argon3 for us way back when, but he didn’t get a chance to hear the RL21, so that doesn't help. But there is certainly a similarity between the RL21 and Argon3 in that both models appear to be topflight two-way, bookshelf-type designs that carry reasonable price tags. In other words, cost-no-object-type sound that many can afford. So, if you’re shopping for new speakers, I suggest considering both, and if you get a chance to hear them side by side, write us back and tell us what you heard. . . . Doug Schneider