Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2018-01-04 - Legacy Signature SE Up Against the Magico A3
- 2017-07-30 - PrimaLuna, Devialet, Hegel Music Systems, NAD -- Integrated Amp Shootout
- 2018-01-01 - Naim and Magico
- 2017-06-09 - He Says Ken Is Correct!
- 2017-08-28 - Revel Performa3 F206 vs. KEF R500
- 2017-05-30 - Meitner Upgrade Worth It?
- 2017-08-10 - To Change for the Better
- 2017-09-01 - Buying the Best -- "Hard Knocks" Learning
- 2017-10-02 - "The MQA Balloon"
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 10 January 2015 10 January 2015
To Doug Schneider,
I would like to commend Soundstage! Network on its CES coverage. Many products were covered, but what really sets SoundStage! apart for me are the high-quality photos. I can really get a sense of what the products look like with the pictures. Photos from other websites appear to have been taken with their four-year-old camera phones.
I’m certainly glad to hear that you appreciate the photos because it’s something I take pride in producing -- I take the majority of the photos for the show reports. I have always felt that they make a big difference.
As far I could tell, many journalists at CES were using camera-phone photos or inexpensive point-and-shoot cameras. While these types of cameras can take decent casual pictures, particularly outdoors, they’re not suitable for product shots at a trade show. Worse yet, many of those cameras and camera phones were indeed about four years old. . . . Doug Schneider