Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2018-03-07 - Did the Buchardt S400s Show?
- 2018-11-03 - The Best $2500-Per-Pair Stand-Mounted Speaker
- 2018-04-26 - Integrated for Dynaudio Contour 30 Speakers
- 2018-03-04 - The High-Priced Deception?
- 2018-10-24 - CDs Instead of Streaming
- 2018-04-15 - Tannoys Tonally Off
- 2018-03-13 - From KEF LS50s to R500s
- 2018-04-02 - Richard Gray's and Other Power Products
- 2018-02-26 - Bryston Is Second to None!
- 2018-10-02 - Three Questions About the $1575.89 System
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 24 January 2012 24 January 2012
To Vade Forrester,
I congratulate you on your reviews of audio equipment!
Allow me to ask you a question about the Audio Research LS26 and the Bel Canto e.One PRe3: I possess a Pass Labs XA30.5 amp and would like to know which preamp you would recommend. Thank you for your answer.
I haven't heard the Bel Canto e.One PRe3, so I can't offer a comparison. I'd also need to know what type of music you prefer, how large your room is, what sources you listen to, what speakers you use, what cables you use, etc. A look at the specifications of the PRe3 shows that its input impedance is 10k ohms through its single-ended inputs. That impedance may be on the low side for use with tubed sources, if that matters to you. But I can tell you that I was impressed enough with the Audio Research LS26 to buy it, and would expect it to be a good match for the Pass Labs XA30.5. I hope that helps. . . . Vade Forrester