Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2018-01-04 - Legacy Signature SE Up Against the Magico A3
- 2017-07-30 - PrimaLuna, Devialet, Hegel Music Systems, NAD -- Integrated Amp Shootout
- 2018-01-01 - Naim and Magico
- 2017-08-28 - Revel Performa3 F206 vs. KEF R500
- 2017-08-10 - To Change for the Better
- 2017-09-01 - Buying the Best -- "Hard Knocks" Learning
- 2017-10-02 - "The MQA Balloon"
- 2017-10-01 - What If MQA Succeeds?
- 2017-10-07 - Some Impressive MQA Testing
- 2017-12-21 - The Validity of Doug's Sonus Faber Olympica III Review
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 11 May 2014 11 May 2014
To Doug Schneider,
I just purchased [the Cambridge Audio Aero 6] speakers after a home audition today. My Newform speakers were humbled. Even the bass clout of the Newforms gave way over time to the overall “oneness” of the Aeros -- they just breathed music in a most enjoyable way. It’s a rather special speaker that will make other manufacturers up their game. The Aero played music in a way that left me with a big silly grin. Two of my friends listened with me and they both widely preferred the Aeros. The Luxman [amplifier] drove them with ease, and, frankly, I was a little shocked at how good they can be. Are there better speakers? Of course. But at a price of $1199/pr. in Canada, are you kidding? What a small joy to find gems like this.
I haven’t heard the Cambridge Aero 6 speakers, but I’m not surprised you like them so much, given my experiences with the Aero 2s. In my opinion, Cambridge Audio has a giant-killing lineup with these. . . . Doug Schneider