Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2017-07-01 - The Luxman's League
- 2017-05-01 - A Paradigm Active/40 Owner on Active Speakers
- 2017-04-29 - Ayre's Laid-Back Sound
- 2017-04-23 - MQA: The Emperor's New Clothes?
- 2017-07-30 - PrimaLuna, Devialet, Hegel Music Systems, NAD -- Integrated Amp Shootout
- 2018-01-04 - Legacy Signature SE Up Against the Magico A3
- 2017-06-09 - He Says Ken Is Correct!
- 2017-05-10 - Accolades for Active Speakers
- 2018-01-01 - Naim and Magico
- 2017-08-28 - Revel Performa3 F206 vs. KEF R500
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 31 May 2014 31 May 2014
To Doug Schneider,
A pair of your photographs from High End 2014 in Munich show Cambridge Audio's new Aeromax 2 and Aeromax 6 loudspeakers.
I happen to be curious about the floorstanding Aeromax 6 model. On paper it looks like a reasonably priced speaker that may work well in a typical owner's living room (a non-dedicated audio room).
Did you have an opportunity to listen to this latest Aeromax series with its newer balanced mode radiator? If yes, any initial impressions? Any chance of a review at some point in the future?
Cambridge’s Aeromax speakers do look interesting. From what we could tell, they are basically hot-rodded versions of the standard models. These are obviously appealing to me, given how much I liked the Aero 2 when I reviewed it. So if these are even better, they could really be something. Unfortunately, we couldn’t listen to either of the new Aeromax speakers in Munich, but I can’t see why we wouldn’t look at reviewing one or both in the future. . . . Doug Schneider