Most-Read Feedback Articles (Last 365 Days)
- 2018-01-04 - Legacy Signature SE Up Against the Magico A3
- 2018-01-01 - Naim and Magico
- 2018-03-04 - The High-Priced Deception?
- 2017-12-21 - The Validity of Doug's Sonus Faber Olympica III Review
- 2018-03-07 - Did the Buchardt S400s Show?
- 2018-04-26 - Integrated for Dynaudio Contour 30 Speakers
- 2017-11-24 - The Whereabouts of the Yamaha NS-5000 Loudspeaker
- 2017-11-23 - Revel's Salon2 -- Still One of the Best After All These Years?
- 2018-04-15 - Tannoys Tonally Off
- 2018-01-15 - A 24/7 Mohican?
- Category: Reader Feedback Reader Feedback
- Created: 02 August 2013 02 August 2013
To Doug Schneider,
Have you ever heard the Era D4s (now Peachtree Audio)? If so, do you think they are comparable to the Energy RC-10s (which are certainly less expensive)? I'm just trying to get a handle on value for small speakers in this price range.
I haven’t heard the D4, so I can’t tell you how it would compare to the RC-10, but I can tell you not to make a hasty decision. Insofar as “value” goes, they’re $699 per pair and for that much there are many other well-known, reputable brands I’d also look at. Here’s a short list in no particular order: Paradigm, Axiom Audio, PSB, KEF, Definitive Technology, Aperion Audio, GoldenEar Technology, Polk Audio, and B&W. I could name more, but that more or less tells you what they’re potentially up against, which is a very strong list of contenders making a lot of very competitive designs. My advice is to shop around before you buy. . . . Doug Schneider